This experience has been compiled to offer guests a definitive wine route experience encompassing Paarl, Stellenbosch and Franschoek. We visit a top bubbly producer, an iconic world recognised winery, a recreated 17thcentury Cape Dutch farm and an avante-garde winery with art installations.
Bookings required 24 hours in advance.
- Collection at the guest lodgings at 09h45.
- A 40 minute drive into the heartland of the Cape Wine lands with the first stop being Villiera with the opportunity to enjoy delicious bubblies to wake us up! A winery tour is recommended.
- The next stop is a visit to any one of a number of world renowned wineries. This is dependent on the interest of the guests. These may include Kanonkop, Quion Rock, De Morgen Zon or Warwick.
- We then head toward Paarl for the visit to the marvel that is Babylonstoren. Options abound regarding food or platters accompanying wine tastings.
- Next up is a short drive to Franschoek for a walk down the main street and a visit to the Huegenot monument.
- We then traverse Helshoogte pass with a tasting at Tokara overlooking Stellenbosch.
- There is then the opportunity to view the original old settlements of the dorp. We conclude the day with a glass of wine or coffee at one of the pavement cafes of the university town.
- We are thereafter homeward bound with a transit of 40 minutes.